Top 5 Fashion Hits (Oscars 2011)
March 2, 2011 § Leave a comment
The Academy Awards is my Super Bowl. So, you can imagine my disappointment when the much-hyped award show turned out to be quite dull. Luckily, the gorgeous ladies on my Top 5 Fashion Hits provided the extra glitz and glamour that this year’s Oscar’s lacked. For me, these are the five dresses that redeemed a lackluster night.
1. Hailee Steinfeld in a fabulous frock by Marchesa proved that you can look your age and still rock the red carpet. (Looks like an homage to Audrey Hepburn’s 1954 Oscar dress)
2. Mila Kunis looked drop-dead gorgeous in a lace and chiffon light lavender dress by Elie Saab. This was hands-down my favorite of the night.
3. Cate Blanchett’s fashion-forward pick by Givenchy Haute Couture has fashionistas divided. And I am all for it. There is something delightfully whimsical about the construction of the dress. I do believe that only she can make this dress look amazing.
4. Talk about an entrance! Jennifer Lawrence did red dresses right. I am so in love with the clean silhouette of this silk tank dress by Calvin Klein. I am on the lookout for a casual version!
5. My three favorites in one: Halle Berry, Marchesa and tulle! Need I say more?